The online application program for individuals interested in becoming Mars One astronauts is coming to a close. Saturday, August 31 is the final day that applications will be accepted from anyone over the age of eighteen interested in embarking on a one-way mission to Mars.
When the application program concludes, applications will be screened by a team of Mars One experts to determine who will pass to the next round of the Selection Program.
Tetteroo Media is a company that “regards the Mars One project as a groundbreaking concept of high journalistic value.” Tetteroo Media recently released a film titled One Way Astronaut that focuses on a few of the astronaut hopefuls. The film’s website describes:
One Way Astronaut is an independent documentary surrounding people who have signed up to leave Earth to be the first human settlers on the planet Mars. It follows aspiring astronauts Stephan, Sara, Henri and Beatriz who, like tens of thousands of applicants to the Mars One project from around the world, say they are willing to spend the rest of their lives on the red planet. It is the story of Mars One and its founder Bas Lansdorp in the project’s early stages. Space experts answer questions about the likelihood of Mars One succeeding and discuss the kind of risks the astronauts will be facing. Worldwide interest in the Mars One mission is a tell-tale of our society today and its hopes for itself.
Mars One’s goal is to establish a human colony on Mars by 2023. The company plans to use various sources to fund the project–revenues from broadcasting various phases of the mission, sponsorships, merchandise, etc. One Way Astronaut is also a fundraising vehicle for the company. Half of the proceeds generated from the film will go to the Mars One Foundation.
According to a recent press release, more than 165,000 people have expressed interest in being among the first human colonists on Mars. The release also claims, “The Mars One Application Program is turning out to be the most desired job vacancy in the world. People from over 140 countries are looking towards the final frontier and envisioning their life on another planet.” Twenty-three percent of all current applicants are reportedly from the United States, followed by China, Brazil, India, Russia, UK, Mexico, Canada, Spain, and the Philippines.
If you are interested in applying to be a Mars One Astronaut, hurry and apply by August 31 at https://apply.mars-one.com/.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- Latest UFO News – October 2, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018