Open Minds UFO Radio: Mark Pilkington is the writer and Roland Denning is the co-director to a new documentary on UFO disinformation called Mirage Men. Much of the movie includes interviews with ex-Air Force Office of Special investigation Agent Richard Doty. He says he was part of an elaborate program to disseminate disinformation to Ufologists throughout the 80s. He continues to claim he has official knowledge of the Air Force’s UFO and extraterrestrial secrets. We talk about Doty’s claims, the circumstance surrounding his disinformation, and the UFO mythology which has its roots in Doty’s disinformation and hoaxing campaign.
Watch the documentary here:
Yekra is a revolutionary new distribution network for feature films.
How the US government created a myth that took over the world.
ET visitors… crashed UFOs… back-engineered alien technology… the government cover-up of a secret that would change the world as we know it…
These are the core elements of the modern UFO mythology, a story that has captivated farmers, princes and generals for generations, and shows no sign of loosening its grip on the popular imagination.
But what if, instead of covering up the UFO story, elements in the US military had actively encouraged it as part of their Cold War counterintelligence arsenal – manufacturing the myth of the UFO as a powerful weapon of mass deception and the perfect cover for all manner of clandestine technologies and operations.
Now, for the first time, some of those whose actions have directly shaped the UFO mythology, and some of their victims, tell their stories, revealing a surreal disturbing and sometimes tragic sequence of events that is part Manchurian Candidate and part Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
Mirage Men draws viewers into a saucer-shaped hall of mirrors, a shadow-world where every lie contains elements of the truth, and the truth is far stranger than the UFO believers, or their detractors, would have you believe.
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019