A Missouri witness at Independence reported a huge UFO with “no sound under 500 feet flying directly overhead,” according to testimony in Case 62928 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The case was reported directly to the Missouri MUFON Assistant State Director Margie Kay who filed the report.
The witness was moving toward a vehicle parked on the home driveway when the object was first seen.
“I noticed a very large object flying directly overhead from the west (Kansas City) to east (Independence),” the witness stated. “It was flying extremely low as if about to land nearby, but there is no airport or highway to land near us.”
The object had some unusual features.
“It had absolutely no sound whatsoever, but was the size of a 747 airplane. There were four bright, unwavering, large white lights on it, but no red or green navigation lights or strobe. It had large, flat wings and a rounded body, but no tail.”
The witness estimated the object’s size and distance.
“It would take my entire hand to cover it up at arm’s length. I estimate the distance to be about 500 – 1,000 feet from the ground. It flew directly over our house and continued on in a westerly direction until we could no longer see it. The total time we watched this object was approximately two minutes, so it was flying very slowly. I saw no emissions and heard no engines.”
The witness and two adult children were unable to identify the craft.
“The three of us are at a loss to explain what we saw. I took video with my cell phone and will send that to the investigator.”
Independence is the fourth-largest city in the state of Missouri, in Jackson County, population 116,830.
Please remember that most UFO sightings can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Kurt Russell alleges he witnessed famous Phoenix UFO event (VIDEO)
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy
- Charles Lamoureux – New Canadian UFO Documentary – July 10, 2017
- Robert Powell – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – October 24, 2017
- Did Fox News catch a UFO buzzing the U.S. Capitol?
- Florida witness reports rectangular UFO near Tampa Bay
- Tom DeLonge’s UFO research team revealed, includes government insiders
- UFO encounter in Alabama
- British bus driver videotapes triangle UFO