A West Virginia witness at Ghent reported watching a low altitude light “with no sound or trail behind it” moving overhead about 6:20 p.m. on November 3, 2014, according to testimony in Case 61183 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was driving northbound along I-77 and had “just topped Flat Top Mountain” on a clear night when two airplanes were spotted moving due east.
“As I was watching the planes, at a much lower altitude a light appeared and grew brighter and once it got to its brightest, it sped east with no sound or trail behind it,” the witness stated. “This all happened in a span of 7 to 10 seconds.”
After the object disappeared from view the planes could still be seen traveling east.
“Not sure what it was I saw, but as soon as I walked in the house I asked my family if they heard a sonic boom or anything loud. They said they heard nothing nor saw anything from home.”
Ghent is located in Raleigh County, West Virginia, population 457.
West Virginia has a current UFO Alert Rating of 1 with a high number of recent reports nationally. West Virginia had 9 UFO reports that occurred during October 2014 – calculated at 4.85 sightings per million population – the highest in the nation for the October reporting period.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 4.01 or higher reports per million residents are rated an Alert 1; 3.01 – 4.0 reports are an Alert 2; 2.51 – 3.0 are an Alert 3; 2.01 – 2.5 are an Alert 4; and those states with 2.0 or lower are rated an Alert 5.
Please remember that most UFO sighting can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- Latest UFO News – October 2, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018