A Louisiana witness at Mandeville reported watching a hovering, sphere-shaped UFO that appeared to lower a 300-foot-long “chrome tether” from its body, according to testimony in Case 62930 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was driving along eastbound I-12 about 4 p.m. with a clear sky on January 24, 2015, when a small airplane was noticed making a sharp turn at a low altitude.
“When I looked for the plane a second time I noticed a chrome object in the sky stationary about 1,000 feet above the next interstate exit,” the witness stated. “As I got closer the object had lowered a chrome tether about 300 feet long.”
The witness then noticed a second, smaller object.
“The object had a small orb moving around the larger object. The larger object with the tether was not moving.”
The witness stopped at the exit and observed the object still about 800 to 1,000 feet in the air above.
“After about five minutes, the object retracted the chrome tether and slowly moved to the east, and then the object increased speed and was out of sight in less than one second.”
The witness decided to investigate.
“I called the National Weather Service in Slidell, LA, just 15 miles from the sighting to see if they were doing anything that might explain what I saw. I also contacted local airports to see if any pilots reported a sighting, and also called the New Orleans International Airport to see if they could validate the sighting on radar.”
The witness did not have much luck.
“The FAA has not returned my call as January 28, 2015. I understand the principals of lift and airfoils. This was not a plane or a weather balloon. It defied gravity without wings and no noise from engines. I have tried my best to explain this, but so for it remains a UFO.”
Mandeville is a city in St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana, population 11,560.
Please remember that most UFO sightings can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- Video: U.S. Navy Carrier Strike Force-11 Encounters Unknowns on November 14, 2004 near San Diego – Part I/3
- UFOs over Oklahoma caught on video with cell phone
- UFO photographed with cell phone by airline passenger
- Black flying disc UFO with blue lights spotted in New Mexico
- UFO sightings visualization competition held by data crunchers
- My UFO sighting reported to Project Blue Book at Comic-Con
- Bryce Zabel – A Post-UFO Disclosure World – April 24, 2018
- UFOs…Seriously LIVE Ep 12 – Credible UFO News and Information
- Chase Kloetzke – Mutual UFO Network Director of Investigations – Sept. 25, 2018
- Chris Cogswell – Mutual UFO Network Director of Research – April 10, 2018