New evidence confirms what many scientists already suspected–a liquid water ocean exists beneath the icy surface of Saturn’s moon Enceladus.
In 2005, NASA’s Cassini spacecraft discovered water-rich plumes erupting from Enceladus’s south pole, leading researchers to believe the moon contained a subsurface ocean. And scientists feel that new data gathered by Cassini confirms this belief. Cassini measured the moon’s gravitational field, and in reviewing this data, scientists determined that Enceladus has more mass at its south pole than is superficially apparent. Scientific American explains, “Because liquid water is denser than ice, a buried ocean could contribute this hidden mass.”
This body of water in the moon’s southern hemisphere is reportedly as large or larger than Lake Superior in the United States, and is located on top of Enceladus’s rocky core at a depth of approximately thirty one miles.
Candice Hansen-Koharcheck, senior scientist with the Planetary Science Institute, told Discovery News, “There have been clues all along . . . But until you actually get this gravity data, it’s still kind of a circumstantial evidence-story. This is proof of the pudding.”
And Scientific American states that the presence of this ocean “boosts Enceladus’s ranking among the top places in the solar system to look for extraterrestrial life.” According to Cornell University planetary scientist Jonathan Lunine, “There are terrestrial organisms that would be perfectly comfortable in that environment . . . It makes the interior of Enceladus potentially a very attractive place to look for life.”
The Cassini spacecraft has three more scheduled targeted flybys of Enceladus to collect more data before it plunges into Saturn’s atmosphere.
- Bob Lazar Documentary Sneak Peak
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Jeremy Corbell – Upcoming Documentary on The Skinwalker Ranch – May 15, 2018
- FAA releases audio and radar data of UFO encounter with multiple pilots over California and Oregon, jets were scrambled
- Michael Schratt – Are Black Triangle UFOs Secret Military Projects? – April 17, 2018
- Roswell crash site debris may be confiscated by BLM, says researcher
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Third DoD UFO video is posted with Washington Post article