Open Minds UFO Radio: Kevin Day is a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer who specialized in radar systems. He is a TOPGUN air intercept controller with more than 20 years experience in strike group air defense including war-time operations. In November of 2004, off the coast of San Diego, Kevin was a radar operator on the USS Princeton, part of the USS Nimitz Carrier Strike Group. Over several days unknown objects were observed on radar. On several occasions, aircraft were directed to find the objects. The pilots reported seeing 40 foot-long Tic Tac shaped objects that performed remarkable maneuvers beyond the capability of our aircraft. This incident was made famous in a New York Times article in December 2017 in which it was also revealed the Pentagon had a secretive UFO investigation program. In this episode, we talk to Kevin about what he experienced in 2004.
Read Kevin book fictionalizing the incident here.
Read the research article Kevin referenced: Incommensurability, Orthodoxy and the Physics of High Strangeness
Read the leaked Nimitz report referenced inthis episode here.
Visit Alejandro on Patreon here.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- Lee Speigel, UFO News and Updates – August 21, 2019
- Anthony Lappe – Producer of Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation – May 21, 2019
- Dr. Michael Masters – UFOs Could Be Us From the Future – October 29, 2019
- Bryan Bender, Politico’s Defense Editor Talks UFOs