Another cautionary tale when it comes to identifying potential UFOs is a recent video posted by a YouTuber in Bulgaria using the name “nedialko kostadinov.” The video shows an unusually bright light moving from horizon to horizon. This is exactly what you would expect from the International Space Station (ISS), which it just so happens was flying over the town where the video was captured at the exact time the video was captured.
The video is called UFO NK 61, presumably because it is believed to be a UFO taken by a man with the initials NK, and is the 61st UFO video Kostadinov has taken. Although upon further review, many of these videos also appear to be the ISS, others look like bright stars, but some are a bit more mysterious.
UFO NK 61 was taken in Haskovo, Bulgaria on August 4, 2013 at 5:13 am, according to Kostadinov. This is precisely the time the ISS was overhead according to the satellite tracking website Heavens Above.
In a Huffington Post story the UFO was described as “changing colors and intensity.” However, it is common for a camera with auto-zoom to zoom in and out as it tries to focus on a small point of light in the sky. This makes the object appear to change in size, brightness, and color.
Ben Hansen, lead investigator for the Syfy Channel’s Fact or Faked, examined the video and noted that he did not believe the video was CGI. He says he also believes the other videos posted by Kostadinov to be real, but notes they are “undramatic.”
He suggests that in the future UFO videographers like Kostadinov should:
…film with two cameras and invest in some night vision. Placing one camera on a tripod may help us determine the true motion of the object so we can eliminate the possibility of conventional craft or illuminated balloons or lanterns. Night vision will enhance the overall image quality of the video and give us more information to analyze.
Also, don’t forget to check Heavens Above to be sure you aren’t filming the ISS, another bright satellite, or a celestial object.
One of Kostadinvo’s videos that is a bit more mysterious:
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019