An Indiana witness at Trafalgar reported watching and photographing an oval-shaped UFO crossing the sky for about 25 minutes, according to testimony in Case 75601 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness first noticed the object in the southwestern sky at sunset while heading west on SR 252 towards SR 135 in Trafalgar about 8:30 p.m. on April 3, 2016.
“The object appeared much brighter than the eight airplanes that could be seen in the sky at the same time,” the witness stated.“The object appeared to be the size and brightness of Venus, and it appeared to get brighter. It did not have a tail/trail when first seen.”
But as the witness drove two miles further west to the Dairy Queen parking lot at 1 Trafalgar Square, it was noticed that the object had developed two tails/trails coming off of what was now identified as the source of light/reflection.
“The object was oval-shaped like a football traveling sideways. It was now not as bright as before, but the two tails were growing in length and diameter. The tails/trails came off the pointed ends and the body of the object would flicker with a silver light.”
In the same sky there were several airplanes that could easily be seen and were quite different in speed, brightness, height, and tail consistency.
“The object in question was much higher, slower, brighter, and had two very pronounced tails that looked thicker and were not being quickly dispersed by the wind. The sky was clear and there was plenty of light from the setting sun. We observed the object until it disappeared in the southwestern sky about 25 minutes after first being seen. There were four witnesses and a few pictures taken by cellphone (iPhone 4s and iPhone 6).”
Indiana MUFON Field Investigator Patrick O’Brien closed this case as an Unknown.
Trafalgar is a town in Nineveh and Hensley townships, Johnson County, Indiana, population 1,101. Please remember that most UFO sightings can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- UFO Headlines 2/7/2019