An Illinois witness at Waltonville reported watching a “giant ship” with a slight glow to it that moved overhead on August 23, 2014, according to testimony in Case 59230 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was fishing with friends when the object was noticed “just cruising along at a very high altitude.”
“This thing had to be at least a half mile long or longer,” the witness stated. “It wasn’t lit up bright. It had a slight glow to it .Nothing fancy.”
The object reminded the witness of ships depicted in Hollywood films.
“I have seen a lot of things in the night sky and have never seen anything like this. It reminded me of some of the giant ships on the ‘Star Wars’ movie.”
The witness provided one illustration with the MUFON report, which was submitted on August 25, 2014.
“I have included a very generic picture I made in Paint real quick just to give a basic outline. Please remember that this is just the bottom of the object so I have no idea on how tall this thing was.”
The witness described the object’s movement.
“It was flying in a straight path heading north from my location. It just flew out of visual range.”
Waltonville is a village in Jefferson County, Illinois, population 422. Illinois MUFON is investigating. Illinois has a current UFO Alert Rating of 4 with a higher than average number of recent reports nationally. Illinois had 22 UFO reports in July 2014 – the 12th highest reporting state – while California had 104 reports as the highest reporting state. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 150 or more reports for the month are rated an Alert 1; states with 100 or more reports are rated an Alert 2; 25 reports or more for the month are rated an Alert 3; 13 or more reports are rated an Alert 4; and those states with less than 13 reports for the month are an Alert 5.
- Florida witness reports rectangular UFO near Tampa Bay
- Video: U.S. Navy Carrier Strike Force-11 Encounters Unknowns on November 14, 2004 near San Diego – Part I/3
- UFOs over Oklahoma caught on video with cell phone
- UFO photographed with cell phone by airline passenger
- Black flying disc UFO with blue lights spotted in New Mexico
- Leslie Kean – Former US Government Officials’ New UFO Research Initiative – October 17, 2017
- UFO sightings visualization competition held by data crunchers
- My UFO sighting reported to Project Blue Book at Comic-Con
- Chuck Zukowski – UFOs and the Paranormal Along the 37th Parallel – September 26, 2017
- Bryce Zabel – A Post-UFO Disclosure World – April 24, 2018