Two Kentucky witnesses at Lexington reported watching a silent, triangle-shaped UFO hovering overhead that seemed to move away “instantaneously,” according to testimony in Case 59404 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witnesses were outside in their backyard on July 15, 2014, when a black, triangle-shaped object was seen hovering over their home.
“We were both lying on our back and it was directly above us in the sky,” the reporting witness stated. “I looked at it for at least a minute before pointing it out to my boyfriend, who then also studied it. He confirmed that it was black (or at least dark) and triangular-shaped.”
The object moved away quickly.
“I’m not terribly great with direction, but it seemed to be pointing in an easterly direction. As we lay there discussing it for at least another minute, we watched the object slowly rotate (as if on an axis) in the completely opposite direction (west) – making no noise and showing no fuel trails- and then it was just gone.”
The object seemed to instantaneously disappear.
“It didn’t disappear so much as zoomed off at such a fast pace as to make it seem instantaneous. I do not know if this is pertinent but I had been pointing at it at the time it turned and disappeared.”
Lexington is the second-largest city in Kentucky and the 61st largest in the United States, population 308,428. The above quotes were edited for clarity. No images were included with the MUFON report, which was filed on August 29, 2014.
Kentucky MUFON is investigating. Kentucky has a current UFO Alert Rating of 4 with a higher than average number of recent reports nationally. Kentucky had 18 UFO reports in July 2014 – the 13th highest reporting state – while California had 104 reports as the highest reporting state. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 150 or more reports for the month are rated an Alert 1; states with 100 or more reports are rated an Alert 2; 25 reports or more for the month are rated an Alert 3; 13 or more reports are rated an Alert 4; and those states with less than 13 reports for the month are an Alert 5.
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019