A Georgia witness at Canton reported watching and photographing two cigar-shaped UFOs that seemed to be attached by “a small tubular connection,” according to testimony in Case 61365 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was outside on a driveway and about to walk inside on November 6, 2014, when the object was first seen.
“I looked to my right facing southeast to see if my horses were in their stalls,” the witness stated. “I then noticed something rather odd flying above the barn as the sky was clear and not cloudy and still broad daylight. The object was flying in an odd sort of way, not like any aircraft I am aware of would or could fly.”
The witness described the object.
“It was shimmering. It appeared to be glowing. It had no wings and it looked like two silver cigar shapes attached together by a smaller tubular connection.”
The witness tried to understand what the object was.
“From the distance of height I venture to guess it was possibly not as large as a commercial aircraft, but perhaps the size of a private airplane. I had the impression it seemed to be ascending but also seemed to be floating and at first moved slowly.”
When the object appeared to be above the witnesses’ house, a photograph was taken with a cell phone. But moments later, the object was gone.
“When I looked up again it was gone either out of sight or vanished. It left me with an unsettled feeling.”
The witness included one image with the MUFON report, which was filed on November 13, 2014.
Canton is a city in and the county seat of Cherokee County, Georgia, population 22,985.
Georgia has a current UFO Alert Rating of 5 with a low number of recent reports nationally. Georgia had 11 UFO reports that occurred during October 2014 – calculated at 1.11 sightings per million population.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 4.01 or higher reports per million residents are rated an Alert 1; 3.01 – 4.0 reports are an Alert 2; 2.51 – 3.0 are an Alert 3; 2.01 – 2.5 are an Alert 4; and those states with 2.0 or lower are rated an Alert 5.
Please remember that most UFO sighting can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Larry Hatch, UFO Database Creator, Remembered