Three former members of the U.S. Congress are scheduled to listen to five days of testimony on the topic of UFOs at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. later this month. According to Stephen Bassett, the organizer of the event, former U.S. Senator Mike Gravel from Alaska, former U.S. Representative Carolyn Kilpatrick from Michigan, and former U.S. Representative Merrill Cook from Utah, have all signed on for what Bassett is calling the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure. The witnesses will include UFO experts and military officials from around the globe, and the spokesperson for the event is Apollo Astronaut, Dr. Edgar Mitchell.
The names of the former congress members were just released today. Gravel was a senator in the 70s, but ran for the democratic nomination for President in 2008. He did not have strong support in the Democratic Party so he switched to the Libertarian Party in hopes of obtaining their Presidential nomination. He did not gain their nomination either, but has remained a Libertarian. Gravel was instrumental in getting the Pentagon Papers into the public record in 1971. Kilpatrick is a member of the Democratic Party and served as the U.S. representative for Michigan’s 13th congressional district from 1997 to 2011. Cook is a businessman from Salt Lake City, and as a member of the Republican Party, he served as the U.S Representative for Utah’s 2nd district from 1997 to 2001.
The hearings are scheduled for April 29 to May 3, and will be streamed online in several languages for a fee. The public can attend the hearings for free, but seating is on a first come first serve basis.
According to Bassett, the former congress members are not going to be asked to formally share their thoughts on the testimony they hear, nor will they be required to respond if asked.
As to the goal of the hearings, Bassett says he hopes to “bring about the formal acknowledgement of an extraterrestrial [presence] by world governments.”
We are trying to create a critical mass event that will launch several major outlets into investigatory mode and start asking the obvious questions of the obvious people. If that happens, the truth embargo will likely not last through the summer.
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Disc UFO caught on camera moving out of bay
- Cheryl Costa – UFOs by the Numbers – April 10, 2017
- Jimmy Kimmel asks another former president about UFO secrets
- Exclusive full interview of former Arizona governor discussing his Phoenix Lights UFO sighting (Video)
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Kurt Russell alleges he witnessed famous Phoenix UFO event (VIDEO)
- Charles Lamoureux – New Canadian UFO Documentary – July 10, 2017
- Indiana witness illustrates UFO moving overhead
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy