We recently interviewed Stephen Bassett, organizer of the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure, to get his thoughts on how well he felt the event went, whether it met his expectations, and what his upcoming plans are to continue his efforts for ET disclosure.
In the interview, Bassett says he will be taking this issue to the United Nations. Today his Paradigm Research Group sent out a press release with the details of a statement calling for the United Nations to sponsor “a world conference addressing the possible evidence for an extraterrestrial presence engaging this planet.” The statement was signed by four of the six former congress members who made up the committee that heard five days of testimony from UFO witnesses and researchers last week during the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure at the National Press Club in Washington D.C.
The statement says the signers pledge support for the effort, and was signed by Congresswoman Carolyn Kilpatrick, Senator Mike Gravel, Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey, and Congressman Merrill Cook. According to the statement, Congresswoman Darlene Hooley and Congressman Roscoe Bartlett were, “Unable to sign due to post-employment restrictions on Congressional Members and officers.”
Bassett says they intend to approach several member countries of the United Nations to move their idea forward. The proposal states:
Whereas: given the unfolding scientific understanding of the number of potentially life supporting planets within Earth’s home galaxy, it would be the height of arrogance to assert that humans are the only sentient beings within that galaxy;
Whereas: given that credible witnesses have brought forth overwhelming scientific evidence documenting the current presence of unidentified and unexplained aerial craft that many believe to reflect an extraterrestrial intelligence;
And Whereas: given the enormous global implications if these craft are, indeed, of extraterrestrial origin, such an issue is a matter for the General Assembly of the United Nations;
Therefore, we the undersigned request the Citizen Hearing Foundation use its offices to organize interested parties and raise the funds necessary to pursue a global campaign to convince one or more nations to propose a resolution within the General Assembly calling for United Nations sponsorship of a world conference addressing the possible evidence for an extraterrestrial presence engaging this planet.
Witnesses from several countries were present at the Citizen Hearing, including those whose governments are more open to the investigation of the UFO phenomenon. Bassett hopes it is one or more of these countries that step forward to sponsor the proposal.
You can read more about the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure and the witness and researchers who participated here: www.citizenhearing.org
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- FAA releases audio and radar data of UFO encounter with multiple pilots over California and Oregon, jets were scrambled
- Bob Lazar Documentary Sneak Peak
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- Michael Schratt – Are Black Triangle UFOs Secret Military Projects? – April 17, 2018
- Jeremy Corbell – Upcoming Documentary on The Skinwalker Ranch – May 15, 2018
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- Roswell crash site debris may be confiscated by BLM, says researcher