A retired Florida police officer and his wife reported watching a green neon light the size of a traffic signal drop down between buildings and disappear, according to testimony in Case 63887 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witnesses were driving westbound along Nasa Boulevard about 200 feet from the Wickham Road intersection in West Melbourne, FL, at 8:50 p.m. on January 29, 2015, when the incident occurred.
“We were returning home from a late dinner near the mall in West Melbourne,” the reporting witness stated. “We both saw a green neon light approximately 75 to 100 feet above Wickham Road.”
The witness described the object.
“The light was approximately the size of a traffic control signal light but more neon green in color. The light moved like it was a baseball being thrown in an arc and dropped below the buildings on the west side of Wickham Road.”
The witnesses thought they were seeing an aircraft crashing.
“We both expected to hear a crashing sound and see an explosion, but nothing occurred.”
They continued to watch for the object.
“We turned right on Wickham Road and headed north slowly. We both watched intently for any incident of a crash, but there wasn’t any. We then returned home and watched the news on TV, the newspapers, and on-line for any mention of others seeing the light and there weren’t any reports. We spoke to friends and relatives, asking if anyone heard anything like our sighting but nothing was seen.”
The sighting was not immediately reported.
“We then seemed to get involved in our lives. My wife has cancer and she is undergoing chemo treatments. The location of the sighting is on the western boarder of a runway of the Melbourne International Airport. I have seen many airplanes landing in an easterly direction at that site but never taking off, so I do not think it was an airplane, just one light, not a series like on an airplane.”
West Melbourne is a city in Brevard County, FL, population 18,355.
Florida is currently a UFO Alert Level 5 – with 1.35 sightings per million population based on MUFON February 2015 statistics. Florida received a total of 26 UFO reports in February.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 4.01 or higher reports per million residents are rated an Alert 1; 3.01 – 4.0 reports are an Alert 2; 2.51 – 3.0 are an Alert 3; 2.01 – 2.5 are an Alert 4; and those states with 2.0 or lower are rated an Alert 5.
Please remember that most UFO sighting can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Nick Redfern – UFOs, Government Insiders, and Satanic Influences – November 6, 2018
- Nick Pope – Renewed Government Interest in UFOs – Oct. 23, 2018