A couple in Ormond by the Sea, Florida reports that they saw a bright object flying “zig-zaggy” through the sky at a high rate of speed. The sighting took place last night as they were watching the stars from their backyard. The husband says he was a military brat and served 14 years in the U.S. Army, but he says he has never seen anything like it.
Here is the witness statement, verbatim:
My wife and I were outside, in the backyard, looking at the stars, because the sky was unusually clear. We had been observing the stars and constellations for approx. five minutes when the object appeared, suddenly, out of the west, headed east out over the ocean there is this extremely fast, at extremely high altitude, brightly (white) lit object that transits the sky in less than ten seconds… stops… remained motionless for a few seconds, then flew southwest back inland making erratic movements, kind of jittery and zig-zaggy, then abruptly stopped again and remained motionless. The speed was incredible.The object then flew south/southwest until it was lost in the illumination (glow) of the city lights of Daytona Beach.
I was an Air Force brat, and a veteran of 14 yrs military service in the US Army, and have seen all types of high performance military aircraft flying… this was not a plane or satellite.
Never seen anything remotely this fast. It made erratic changes in direction, and complete stops with no perceptible slowing.
I’m actually a very rational person. A highly trained and experienced observer. I’ve seen the ISS, space shuttle, fighters fueling from tankers, high performance aircraft, and numerous satellites over the years… never anything like this. At first we were excited, as we thought it was a satellite, then our feelings turned to awe as we watched it perform incredible maneuvers, radically changing direct, coming to abrupt stops, all from very high rates of speed.
Bright single points of light moving erratically in the night sky are often reported. Satellites can often be seen at night, especially in the hours just after sunset. However, satellites are not very fast, and just fly in a straight line. What this couple saw is anyone’s guess. Let us know in the comments below if you think you know what they might have seen.
The vast majority of UFO sightings turn out to be mundane objects, but once in awhile there are sightings that are much more difficult to explain. MUFON conducts investigations on sightings submitted to their website, and if they share their conclusions, we will let you all know. Meanwhile, others will likely chime in and we will try to keep you up to date with any discoveries. Please feel free to share your thoughts on the object in the comments below.
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- FAA releases audio and radar data of UFO encounter with multiple pilots over California and Oregon, jets were scrambled
- Bob Lazar Documentary Sneak Peak
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- Michael Schratt – Are Black Triangle UFOs Secret Military Projects? – April 17, 2018
- Roswell crash site debris may be confiscated by BLM, says researcher
- Jeremy Corbell – Upcoming Documentary on The Skinwalker Ranch – May 15, 2018
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away