Several witnesses contacted Portland, Oregon Fox affiliate KPTV with photos of a strange fireball UFO in the sky on the morning of Wednesday, November 20. The aerial object was observed just after 7:00 a.m.
KPTV contacted Jim Todd, director of space science education at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI). According to Todd, some of the photos sent to the news station seem to depict an explosion. KPTV explains that an explosion could indicate that the aerial object was a bright meteor known as a fireball. But an exploding fireball would apparently have caused a sonic boom. And, according to Todd, “So far, there is no indication there was a sonic boom.”
Todd added the possibility that that object in the photos could be an airplane contrail, and “what looks like an explosion in the photos could actually be the rising sun reflecting off a cloud layer.” And KOIN meteorologist Bruce Sussman agrees. The station describes, “The contrail was expanded by winds in the sky, and then the sun hit it just right — lighting it up. The bright light did indeed look like a fire ball or meteor. But, unfortunately for sky gazers who sent KOIN 6 News images of the sighting Wednesday and were hoping for another diagnosis, it was not.”
But according to Todd, “The verdict is still out.” The fireball UFO has not been positively identified. But experts believe the most likely explanation is an airplane contrail.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Roswell crash site debris may be confiscated by BLM, says researcher
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Latest UFO News – October 2, 2018
- Report on US Navy UFO encounter leaked
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018