In this next part of our Your Need to Know series, Antonio Huneeus examines the UFO files from the FBI’s The Vault. The Vault was created in 2011 as a storehouse for commonly requested FBI documents already released under the Freedom of Information Act. Go to Vault.FBI.gov, and from there you can easily search a multitude of topics ranging from counterterrorism to unexplained phenomenon.
The FBI recently revealed on its website that the most searched document is a simple one page memo called the “Guy Hottel Memo”. Its contents were written on March 22, 1950 by Guy Hottel, a special agent in charge of the Washington Field Office, and allude to the crash and recovery of the Roswell UFO. The memo ends abruptly with a sentence stating that no further evaluations were attempted. Major news organizations reported on this document being newly released, but it was actually released under the Freedom of Information Act, and available since the 1970s. Bruce Maccabee was the first to obtain this document, and he believes it to be part of an elaborate hoax.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Latest UFO News – October 2, 2018
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018