In this next part of our Your Need to Know series, Antonio Huneeus examines the UFO files from the FBI’s The Vault. The Vault was created in 2011 as a storehouse for commonly requested FBI documents already released under the Freedom of Information Act. Go to Vault.FBI.gov, and from there you can easily search a multitude of topics ranging from counterterrorism to unexplained phenomenon.
The FBI recently revealed on its website that the most searched document is a simple one page memo called the “Guy Hottel Memo”. Its contents were written on March 22, 1950 by Guy Hottel, a special agent in charge of the Washington Field Office, and allude to the crash and recovery of the Roswell UFO. The memo ends abruptly with a sentence stating that no further evaluations were attempted. Major news organizations reported on this document being newly released, but it was actually released under the Freedom of Information Act, and available since the 1970s. Bruce Maccabee was the first to obtain this document, and he believes it to be part of an elaborate hoax.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Nick Redfern – UFOs, Government Insiders, and Satanic Influences – November 6, 2018
- Nick Pope – Renewed Government Interest in UFOs – Oct. 23, 2018