A dramatic UFO video allegedly taken by a fishing boat off the Atlantic coast of Galicia in Spain received considerable attention on the web the last week of September. The video showed a disc-shaped UFO buzzing off one side of the ship and then plunging into the ocean as two Spanish Air Force fighter jets followed in hot pursuit. The implication was that the object was either shot down or hid in the ocean from the jets. The video posted by the Spanish site Terra and then reproduced in YouTube and elsewhere was highly dramatic, but was it real?
Our own digital experts at Open Minds quickly suspected a hoax, based on a slight delay in how the UFO plunged into the waters. Pepón Jover, the Spanish exopolitical activist who organized the recent Barcelona Summit quickly confirmed to us that the Terra UFO video was indeed a fake produced to celebrate the anniversary of Orson Welles’ famous “War of the Worlds” 1938 radio broadcast. The original Terra posting and the explanation of how it was done has now been removed by the source. It just goes to show you how careful you have to be with so-called “UFO evidence” in this digital age of special effects and instant communications.
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Larry Hatch, UFO Database Creator, Remembered