On August 7, 2013, Bellum Entertainment announced that its show Unsealed: Alien Files has been picked up by Discovery Communications.
This show, and a companion show, Unsealed: Conspiracy Files, premiered in September 2012. These shows were syndicated nationally in the United States by Tribune Broadcasting, but weren’t on a single network, which made it difficult for interested viewers to find the shows. But that issue should be eliminated now that Discovery has added Unsealed: Alien Files to its Destination America channel.
Episodes of the show reportedly premiered on Destination America on Thursday, August 8. Bellum Entertainment explains, “Unsealed has already experienced great success in syndication and internationally through the first season and expecting to perform well on cable.” The company announced that the show’s second season will premiere on September 16 “with a full hour of Alien Files.” The aggressive broadcast schedule indicates that the show will air weekly, with two back-to-back half-hour episodes every week, for a total of forty new episodes.
Unsealed: Conspiracy Files will apparently not return for a second season.
The website for Unsealed: Alien Files provides this description of the series::
Unsealed: Alien Files investigates recently released documents regarding alien and UFO encounters, made accessible to the public in 2011 by the Freedom of Information Act. Each week, Unsealed: Alien Files tackles one compelling alien case by opening these previously off-limits secret files. Based on the newly discovered information the show re-examines key evidence and follows developing leads.
Unsealed: Alien Files investigates mass UFO sightings, personal abductions, government cover-ups and breaking alien news from around the world. We delve into the “photoshopping” of space, the value of Wikileaks, and the role social media plays in alien stories. Finally, we examine these newly released documents to see how alien visitations may have affected our past, and what influence they may have on our future. This show will have believers wanting more and skeptics questioning their long held beliefs. Unsealed: Alien Files … exposing the biggest secret on planet Earth.
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Larry Hatch, UFO Database Creator, Remembered