A New York witness at Conesus reported watching a diamond-shaped UFO “larger than a plane” hovering over a lake, according to testimony in Case 65105 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was driving home about 12:15 a.m. on May `1, 2015, when the object was first seen.
“I got to the top of a hill that overlooks the lake I live on about four miles away from my house,” the witness stated. “I right away noticed a very bright and distinct light just hovering over the lake that I live on.”
The witness described the object.
“It was in the shape of a square and it was brighter than a star, and only a few stars were in the sky that night.”
The witness continued driving and moved closer to the object.
“As I got closer and closer it still was not moving at all, so I rolled my windows down and turned off the radio to listen to see if I could hear anything like a helicopter. Nothing. I could not hear a sound at all.”
The witness continued driving thinking that the object might be a Chinese lantern.
“Once I got close enough to be right under it (however, I was on the road and it was over the lake to my left) I saw that it was some sort of an aircraft. However, it was in the shape of a diamond. It had the large square light so bright on the front peek, the outer two peaks had flashing red lights on them and the back side had a flashing white and green light.”
The object was also very low.
“It was lower than any plane I had ever seen fly in that area. It slowly started to fly over my head and back north down where I had just come from as I drove under it – still making no sound at all. When I turned around to try and get a good look, it as gone into the darkness.”
The witness attempted to take photos of the object.
“I took two photos on my phone, but when I went to show my father the next day, they were not there. Not sure if while I was driving they didn’t come out or what happened.”
Conesus is a town in Livingston County, New York, population 2,743.
New York is currently a UFO Alert Level 5 – with 0.20 sightings per million population based on MUFON February 2015 statistics. New York received a total of two UFO reports in March.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 4.01 or higher reports per million residents are rated an Alert 1; 3.01 – 4.0 reports are an Alert 2; 2.51 – 3.0 are an Alert 3; 2.01 – 2.5 are an Alert 4; and those states with 2.0 or lower are rated an Alert 5.
Please remember that most UFO sighting can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Latest UFO News – October 2, 2018
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018