A Connecticut witness at New Milford reported watching a silent, triangle-shaped UFO that moved close at an altitude under 500 feet and then made a 90-degree turn and moved away, according to testimony in Case 80488 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was driving home on a clear night at 8:45 p.m. on November 17, 2016, when the incident began.
“Approached a stop sign in rural area and noted a brightly lit craft flying very slowly directly towards me at low altitude,” the witness stated.“The white spotlights were very bright and spaced widely apart, making a helicopter unlikely, so I stopped at the intersection to observe what seemed like a strange phenomenon.”
The object reached the witness in about three minutes, traveling less than a mile.
“As it got closer I saw a blinking red light on the nose and thought ‘plane.’ But it was so slow, low and silent.”
But then the object made a turn.
“Moments before it would have been overhead, it made a perfect 90-degree turn. At that point I could see its underbelly clearly. It was a perfect black triangle, slightly wider at the back than the sides (triangle tip facing forward for flight) with white and red line of lights along the back flashing in a sequence back and forth. Shortly after it turned it traveled behind the treeline and I continued on my way home.”
New Milford is a town in southern Litchfield County, Connecticut, population 28,671. Connecticut MUFON Field Investigator Warren Fentress is investigating. The witness provided one illustration with the MUFON report, which was filed on November 17, 2016.
Please remember that most UFO sightings can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Anthony Lappe – Producer of Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation – May 21, 2019
- Lee Speigel, UFO News and Updates – August 21, 2019