On October 16, amateur astronomer Allen Epling captured photos and video of a strange cigar-shaped UFO in the sky above Kentucky. Several witnesses in multiple states reportedly saw the same, or a similar, aerial object.
The identity of the object over Kentucky baffled witnesses and officials. But on October 31, KIAH-TV in Houston, Texas asserted that the UFO “was nothing more than a kid’s toy airship.” The station explains that these twenty-six-foot-long toy solar balloons are constructed from “a high-density, lightweight matte black film which reacts to the heat from the sun and gets bigger as it fills with air,” and they can go as high as 30,000 feet.
Some suggested this type of solar balloon as a possible identification for the Kentucky UFO immediately after the object was reported. Although the shape of the toy airship is similar to the object captured on video by Epling, the object he observed appears transparent and highly reflective, whereas the solar airship is made of an opaque, black, matte material. Additionally, Epling estimates the object he observed was well above 30,000 feet.
And just for fun, here is what two of these solar airships look like in the sky when they are tied together.
So do you think the object seen by Epling and many others was a kid’s toy airship as KIAH-TV asserts, or do you believe the object remains unidentified? Share your thoughts with us by leaving a comment below, or by posting on our Facebook page.
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019