Tom DeLonge has never been shy about publicly acknowledging his strong interest in UFOs. Tom, best known as the guitar player and vocalist in his band Blink-182, actively researches the UFO phenomenon, and is extremely well-read on the subject.
Maureen Elsberry and I sat down with Tom on his birthday (December 13) to talk with him about UFOs and space. Having researched UFOs for more than twenty years, Tom detailed the progression of his studies. He explained:
A lot of researchers tend to dive into one area of it, pretty hardcore, you know? ‘Hey, I’m going to write a book about Roswell.’ Or someone else comes in and says, ‘I’m going to write a book just about Majestic-12 documents.’ I’m the kind of guy that . . . I’m pretty broad about all the subjects. I’ve gone deep on a lot of them. I’ve kind of surpassed the icing on the cake, and now I’m kind of digging down into the main ingredients of the cake.
In 2011, Tom and his band Angels & Airwaves launched the news website StrangeTimes.com to feature news not covered by mainstream media, including UFO-related news. In our interview, Tom explained that the site is currently in a “holding pattern.” But this site is an example of Tom’s desire to increase interest in UFOs. With Tom’s vast knowledge of UFO-related books, Maureen asked him what book he would recommend to a younger person beginning to research UFOs. Tom advised:
A great author that I think people can start with, kind of entry level–and this is no dig to the author because he’s so fun–is Jim Marrs. Now Jim Marrs is really fun because he has a way to tackle these subjects that go really deep, but he puts them in a vocabulary that’s really mainstream and easy to digest.
Tom has a lot to say about UFOs and related subjects, and has been talking UFOs more in depth recently. He was a guest in December 2011 on the radio program Coast to Coast AM, and appeared on the web series Larry King Now in August 2012. You can watch our full interview with Tom DeLonge in the video at the beginning of this post.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- Anthony Lappe – Producer of Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation – May 21, 2019
- Lee Speigel, UFO News and Updates – August 21, 2019