Tom DeLonge has never been shy about publicly acknowledging his strong interest in UFOs. Tom, best known as the guitar player and vocalist in his band Blink-182, actively researches the UFO phenomenon, and is extremely well-read on the subject.
Maureen Elsberry and I sat down with Tom on his birthday (December 13) to talk with him about UFOs and space. Having researched UFOs for more than twenty years, Tom detailed the progression of his studies. He explained:
A lot of researchers tend to dive into one area of it, pretty hardcore, you know? ‘Hey, I’m going to write a book about Roswell.’ Or someone else comes in and says, ‘I’m going to write a book just about Majestic-12 documents.’ I’m the kind of guy that . . . I’m pretty broad about all the subjects. I’ve gone deep on a lot of them. I’ve kind of surpassed the icing on the cake, and now I’m kind of digging down into the main ingredients of the cake.
In 2011, Tom and his band Angels & Airwaves launched the news website StrangeTimes.com to feature news not covered by mainstream media, including UFO-related news. In our interview, Tom explained that the site is currently in a “holding pattern.” But this site is an example of Tom’s desire to increase interest in UFOs. With Tom’s vast knowledge of UFO-related books, Maureen asked him what book he would recommend to a younger person beginning to research UFOs. Tom advised:
A great author that I think people can start with, kind of entry level–and this is no dig to the author because he’s so fun–is Jim Marrs. Now Jim Marrs is really fun because he has a way to tackle these subjects that go really deep, but he puts them in a vocabulary that’s really mainstream and easy to digest.
Tom has a lot to say about UFOs and related subjects, and has been talking UFOs more in depth recently. He was a guest in December 2011 on the radio program Coast to Coast AM, and appeared on the web series Larry King Now in August 2012. You can watch our full interview with Tom DeLonge in the video at the beginning of this post.
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- How US Intelligence Community Insiders Got the Senate’s Attention Regarding UFOs
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Pentagon Can’t Keep Their Story Straight on UFOs/UAP
- Belgium’s Flying Triangle Wave
- Somewhere in the Skies: A Young Voice of Truth
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Alleged UFO Crashes in the U.S. other than Roswell: Aurora, Aztec, and Kecksburg
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019