An Alaskan witness at Eagle River reported watching a “ball of light” UFO that appeared to move intelligently with hovering and course correction movements, according to testimony in Case 60040 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was walking home from a friend’s home at 1:15 a.m. on September 21, 2014, when the object was first seen.
“It was a dark sky with light cloud coverage and a ball of light was apparent,” the witness stated. “It did not have the shape of the Northern Lights. I thought the object was a meteor but it never picked up speed.”
The witness described the object’s distance and size.
“The object was a little difficult to estimate due to the distance but I believe it was possibly the size of a car tire. It came toward my direction slowly, appeared to hover, and then adjusted course and left gracefully within 10 seconds. I was worried because I wasn’t sure what it was and it was coming within my vicinity. I watched the object leave.”
Eagle River is a community within the Municipality of Anchorage situated on the Eagle River for which it is named, between Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson and Chugach State Park in the Chugach Mountains, population 22,236. Alaska MUFON is investigating. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Alaska has a current UFO Alert Rating of 5 with a low number of recent reports nationally. Alaska had 2 UFO reports in August 2014 – the 44th highest reporting state – while California had 99 reports as the highest reporting state. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 150 or more reports for the month are rated an Alert 1; states with 100 or more reports are rated an Alert 2; 25 reports or more for the month are rated an Alert 3; 13 or more reports are rated an Alert 4; and those states with less than 13 reports for the month are an Alert 5.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- UFO Headlines 2/7/2019