Sirius XM satellite radio has just announced that they will become the new exclusive home of Art Bell’s new UFO and paranormal radio show Dark Matter beginning in the fall of 2013.
“Sirius XM is the perfect fit for me and my new show Art Bell’s Dark Matter,” said Bell. “Though invisible, dark matter accounts for gravitational forces observed in the universe—expect these forces to be at work in the uncensored, unrestricted creative arena of satellite radio, a medium with truly extraterrestrial reach.”
Many paranormal enthusiasts know Bell to be an icon of late night radio. Bell started broadcasting a paranormal centered show in the late 90s, which eventually turned into the wildly popular Coast to Coast AM, which can still be heard every night. According to the Sirius XM press release, from 1993-2000 Bell was one of the top five most listened to talk shows on the air. They estimate he had around 15 million listeners on the over 500 radio stations that aired Coast to Coast AM.
Due to family issues, Bell had to retire in 2000. However, he did return occasionally as a guest host. His last appearance over the air waves was on Halloween of 2010. He says he misses radio “terribly.”
According to ArtBell.com, the show will launch on September 16, 2013, “if no anomalies.” It will be live from 7-10 pm pacific, and be replayed all night on Sirius XM Indie Talk Channel 104.
“We are excited to be the exclusive home of Art Bell, who has captivated a nation of listeners throughout his career with his intelligent and inquisitive, yet entertaining, style,” said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer at Sirius XM. “Art Bell left terrestrial radio after the biggest possible successes. We are honored that Art now wants to work with Sirius XM to write his next chapter; his vision takes advantage of our best strengths and his new show will be uncensored, unrestricted, uncluttered and utterly unique. With his return to radio on Sirius XM, he will be able to reach millions of longtime listeners and new fans everywhere in the nation.”
The new show will not be a direct competitor with Coast to Coast AM, as it will air earlier. Although, he told the AP he is not impressed with the current host, George Noory. He says he is not “edgy enough.”
Michael Harrison, publisher of Takers, a magazine that covers the radio industry, says Bell “quit when he was at the top of his game.”
“He’ll be looked at as one of the veteran, old masters,” Harrison said. “He’s the real deal when it comes to marching to the beat of a different drummer.”
- UFO captured on video by drone over North Carolina
- Colorado UFO witness photographs ‘metallic objects’ moving overhead
- Hillary campaign manager held UFO meeting with USAF generals, rock star and top secret aircraft developer
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Triangle UFO close encounter reported over Ohio
- Disc UFO caught on camera moving out of bay
- Grant Cameron – UFO Disclosure and Trump – November 14, 2016
- UFO reported hovering over Florida residential neighborhood