An Arizona witness at McNeal reported watching a boomerang-shaped UFO that appeared to be escorted by two military jets about 9:08 p.m. on September 9, 2014, according to testimony in Case 59707 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The reporting witness and his mother were in their barn feeding horses when a rumbling sound was heard overhead.
“I’ve heard that a hundred times,” the witness stated. “There was a full moon rising in the east about three or four fingers above the horizon and a very clear night. I looked up to the west to where I heard the plane and saw red lights moving southeast; but it was strange.”
The witness described the object.
“It had five lights in a boomerang pattern – one on the nose and two more on each side. If it was a plane it was the biggest plane I’ve ever seen. It was really high up too. But I’ve seen airliners around that same height and it was five times bigger than those.”
The witness then noticed two fighter jets in the area.
“There were two jet fighters tailing slightly behind the tips of its wings. I knew they were separate aircraft because they moved independently from the red lights which stayed together and they were not red but more like white/ yellow in color. As the object and jets passed over I could see the jets had blinking aircraft lights – like you see on all aircraft.”
The witness continued to watch, but only saw the jets again.
“I kept watching for a few more minutes until the lights faded by the glare of the moon to the southeast. I went back to the barn and told my mother what I had seen. A few minutes after that at 9:20 p.m. I saw two jet fighters returning from the same direction going northwest. They were no longer escorting anything and had their afterburners on. They were going much faster than when I had previously seen them.”
McNeal is an unincorporated community in Cochise County, Arizona, population 238. Arizona MUFON is investigating. Arizona has a current UFO Alert Rating of 4 with a higher than average number of recent reports nationally. Arizona had 10 UFO reports in August 2014 – the 19st highest reporting state – while California had 99 reports as the highest reporting state. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 150 or more reports for the month are rated an Alert 1; states with 100 or more reports are rated an Alert 2; 25 reports or more for the month are rated an Alert 3; 13 or more reports are rated an Alert 4; and those states with less than 13 reports for the month are an Alert 5.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Lee Speigel, UFO News and Updates – August 21, 2019
- Anthony Lappe – Producer of Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation – May 21, 2019
- Dr. Michael Masters – UFOs Could Be Us From the Future – October 29, 2019