IFC Midnight is making it clear that UFOs and aliens are a key focus in the company’s content portfolio. The subsidiary of AMC Networks acquired distribution rights to two UFO-related films earlier this year: Hangar 10 and Extraterrestrial. And, this distribution label has reportedly just acquired distribution rights for another UFO-related movie titled Ejecta.
Entertainment news website Bloody Disgusting describes that, in Ejecta, “reclusive UFO conspiracy theorist William Cassidy is taken prisoner by a secret government agency investigating the arrival of an alien life form. Through flashbacks they uncover the terrifying details of what happened the night the alien returned and changed everything we thought we knew about the universe.”
The movie was written by Tony Burgess, directed by Chad Archibald and Matt Wiele, and produced by independent studio Foresight Features. Dee Wallace, the mom from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, makes a cameo in this film. The film also stars Julian Richings, Lisa Houle, and Adam Seybold.
Ejecta premiered back in August at the 2014 Fantasia International Film Festival in Montreal. It’s unclear what IFC Midnight has planned for the movie. But, if it follows the same formula used for Hangar 10 and Extraterrestrial, the movie will soon be made available as video-on-demand, and released in select theaters.
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Alleged UFO photos over China Lake analyzed
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Mystery in the Southwest: A Look Inside the Infamous Bradshaw Ranch
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- UFO encounter in Alabama
- FAA releases audio and radar data of UFO encounter with multiple pilots over California and Oregon, jets were scrambled
- Robert Powell – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – October 24, 2017
- Florida witness reports rectangular UFO near Tampa Bay