IFC Midnight is making it clear that UFOs and aliens are a key focus in the company’s content portfolio. The subsidiary of AMC Networks acquired distribution rights to two UFO-related films earlier this year: Hangar 10 and Extraterrestrial. And, this distribution label has reportedly just acquired distribution rights for another UFO-related movie titled Ejecta.
Entertainment news website Bloody Disgusting describes that, in Ejecta, “reclusive UFO conspiracy theorist William Cassidy is taken prisoner by a secret government agency investigating the arrival of an alien life form. Through flashbacks they uncover the terrifying details of what happened the night the alien returned and changed everything we thought we knew about the universe.”
The movie was written by Tony Burgess, directed by Chad Archibald and Matt Wiele, and produced by independent studio Foresight Features. Dee Wallace, the mom from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, makes a cameo in this film. The film also stars Julian Richings, Lisa Houle, and Adam Seybold.
Ejecta premiered back in August at the 2014 Fantasia International Film Festival in Montreal. It’s unclear what IFC Midnight has planned for the movie. But, if it follows the same formula used for Hangar 10 and Extraterrestrial, the movie will soon be made available as video-on-demand, and released in select theaters.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Lee Speigel, UFO News and Updates – August 21, 2019
- Anthony Lappe – Producer of Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation – May 21, 2019
- Dr. Michael Masters – UFOs Could Be Us From the Future – October 29, 2019