IFC Midnight is making it clear that UFOs and aliens are a key focus in the company’s content portfolio. The subsidiary of AMC Networks acquired distribution rights to two UFO-related films earlier this year: Hangar 10 and Extraterrestrial. And, this distribution label has reportedly just acquired distribution rights for another UFO-related movie titled Ejecta.
Entertainment news website Bloody Disgusting describes that, in Ejecta, “reclusive UFO conspiracy theorist William Cassidy is taken prisoner by a secret government agency investigating the arrival of an alien life form. Through flashbacks they uncover the terrifying details of what happened the night the alien returned and changed everything we thought we knew about the universe.”
The movie was written by Tony Burgess, directed by Chad Archibald and Matt Wiele, and produced by independent studio Foresight Features. Dee Wallace, the mom from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, makes a cameo in this film. The film also stars Julian Richings, Lisa Houle, and Adam Seybold.
Ejecta premiered back in August at the 2014 Fantasia International Film Festival in Montreal. It’s unclear what IFC Midnight has planned for the movie. But, if it follows the same formula used for Hangar 10 and Extraterrestrial, the movie will soon be made available as video-on-demand, and released in select theaters.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018
- Latest UFO News – October 2, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018