Episode 616 of the popular Nerdist Podcast features an interview with legendary guitar player Joe Perry. He sat down with host Chris Hardwick to discuss the book he released in mid-2014, ROCKS: My Life In and Out of Aerosmith. But Perry and Hardwick also briefly discussed Roswell, New Mexico and UFOs.
The subject of UFOs comes up when Perry is commenting on how he loves being on the road with his family in his tour bus, which gives him the freedom to go anywhere he wants. To illustrate, he uses the example of Roswell. “Roswell is one of those places that’s out in the middle of nowhere,” he explains. Perry continues, “It’s not really on the way to anywhere. It’s not a destination, and it’s not on the way to a destination. It literally took us eight hours out of our way.” But he explains that he really wanted to see Roswell because he is “really into that kind of stuff.”
He also describes that, early in his relationship, finding and watching VHS tapes of UFO sightings was a hobby he and his wife enjoyed together.
Hardwick asks Perry if he has ever seen a UFO. He responds:
We had a place up in New Hampshire out on the lake . . . and I think it’s August there’s usually a lot of meteor showers. And we’ll go out and sit on the boat and watch, because the stars are amazing up there, and watch for meteors. And every once in a while you’ll see something that’s not moving the way it should. And you can convince yourself. You know, hey, a UFO is basically an unidentified flying object. So there are a lot of things that qualify for that. It doesn’t mean it’s a spaceship. It’s just unidentified. You know what I mean? So, like I said, you could convince yourself that it’s something. But I reall haven’t really seen anything.
But he goes on to say, “But I gotta believe that they’re out there.”
In his final comment about the subject of UFOs and extraterrestrials, Perry states, “Until I really see something, I really can’t say ‘yes’ or ‘no,’ but I’ve got an open mind about it.”
Here is the full interview with Joe Perry on the Nerdist Podcast:
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Cheryl Costa – UFOs by the Numbers – April 10, 2017
- Exclusive full interview of former Arizona governor discussing his Phoenix Lights UFO sighting (Video)
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Kurt Russell alleges he witnessed famous Phoenix UFO event (VIDEO)
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy
- Charles Lamoureux – New Canadian UFO Documentary – July 10, 2017
- Indiana witness illustrates UFO moving overhead
- Report of UFO over nuclear plant in Nebraska found in recently declassified documents
- Robert Powell – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – October 24, 2017