In true Hollywood blockbuster fashion, the highly anticipated upcoming extraterrestrial-themed movie Super 8 is being hyped up through a variety of marketing efforts. A Super 8 iPhone application was released last month that allows a user to create his or her own “vintage” movie with this Super 8 camera emulator. And if that weren’t cool enough, Paramount Pictures and the convenience store chain 7-Eleven have announced a Super 8 promotion that will be giving away a trip to space.
According to CSP Daily News, “Prizes, special prices, special movie-themed cups and online rewards” are part of the 7-Eleven sweepstakes built around Super 8. This promotion was described by 7-Eleven chief marketing officer Rita Bargerhuff:
CSP Daily News explains that “up to 21,475 prizes will be awarded including thousands of movie tickets, 10 zero-gravity trips and a grand prize trip to suborbital space.”
“Not only will there be special prizes and a retro look from the 1970s at the stores in honor of the movie, this promotion will rank as the largest ever for 7-Eleven with an expected 21,000 prizes distributed. Topping it off will be a suborbital space flight, our grandest prize ever.”
To enter for a chance to win one of these prizes, participants must visit a 7-Eleven location and use their smartphones to check in on Foursquare, a location-based social media mobile platform. The prizes will be awarded every time check-ins reach designated thresholds tied to the number 8 (as in Super 8).
The prize thresholds are as follows:
– Every 88th person wins a free movie ticket.
– Every 88,888th person to check in wins a ticket for Zero Gravity Corp.’s ZERO-G Experience, which allows individuals to experience true “weightlessness” without going to space.
– The 888,888th check-in unlocks the grand-prize spaceflight, offered by the private space-exploration company Space Adventures, Ltd., with an estimated value of more than $100,000.
Super 8 hits theaters on June 10th.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- How US Intelligence Community Insiders Got the Senate’s Attention Regarding UFOs
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Pentagon Can’t Keep Their Story Straight on UFOs/UAP
- Belgium’s Flying Triangle Wave
- Somewhere in the Skies: A Young Voice of Truth
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019