Hundreds of witnesses have reported seeing strange lights in the sky above Elista, the capital of Russia’s southern Republic of Kalmykia. The lights have been described by some a triangle of rotating circles, while others have described the lights as looking like two circles rotating clockwise and counter-clockwise. The lights have apparently appeared every ten days during the month of December. But local journalists think the lights are simply spotlights over a shopping center, though they are not sure.
Open Minds has reported on several stories from Kalmykia in the past, primarily due to the former president of the republic, Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, who claims to have met with extraterrestrial beings back in 1997.
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Pentagon Can’t Keep Their Story Straight on UFOs/UAP
- Belgium’s Flying Triangle Wave
- Somewhere in the Skies: A Young Voice of Truth
- Alleged UFO Crashes in the U.S. other than Roswell: Aurora, Aztec, and Kecksburg
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Brandon Fugal: The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch Season 2 Interview
- The Strange Time-Warp Case of Corporal Armando Valdés
- The Carter Administration’s Attempt to Create a NASA UFO Commission
- Three Alleged International UFO Crashes