UK’s National Archives released more UFO files from the Ministry of Defence less than a month ago. Now it’s Australia’s turn. The Sydney Morning Herald reports that the National Archives of Australia released UFO files to the public. These files, from the 1970s and 1980s, have been released under the National Archives’ thirty-year rule—an act approved by Parliament that opens files to the public after thirty years.
Many interesting UFO sightings are documented in the files. The Sydney Morning Herald highlights a few notable cases, including one in which a high-altitude UFO was detected on radar near an RAAF base traveling at speeds of 1100 to 6500 km/h.
The Newcastle Herald reports that “A note attached to the files says the RAAF has not been responsible for collecting UFO sightings since 1994.” Interestingly, a different memo states the RAAF collected sighting reports up to 1996. But the Department of Defence allegedly continued taking UFO sighting reports until November of 2000.
With this latest release of UFO files from Australia, it would seem that the Department of Defence did some housekeeping during the past year. It was only a year ago when they announced that their UFO files had been lost. Back in June 2011, the Sydney Morning Herald sought UFO files from the Department of Defence, but the department’s Freedom of Information assistant director informed them that only one file could be located, and “the others had been destroyed.”
It doesn’t appear that the latest Australia UFO files have been added to the National Archives UFO page yet, but they can be located with a simple search on their site.
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- How US Intelligence Community Insiders Got the Senate’s Attention Regarding UFOs
- Pentagon Can’t Keep Their Story Straight on UFOs/UAP
- Belgium’s Flying Triangle Wave
- Somewhere in the Skies: A Young Voice of Truth
- Alleged UFO Crashes in the U.S. other than Roswell: Aurora, Aztec, and Kecksburg
- Brandon Fugal: The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch Season 2 Interview
- The Strange Time-Warp Case of Corporal Armando Valdés
- The Carter Administration’s Attempt to Create a NASA UFO Commission
- Open Minds UFO Radio Newscast – 2/19/2021 – Special Guest: Martin Willis