Two Florida witnesses at Bradenton reported watching a triangle-shaped UFO with a red light at its base that hovered for 20 minutes, according to testimony in Case 79981 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The incident occurred about 8 p.m. on October 22, 2016.
The reporting witness stated that the object was a “white triangle, well defined” – with a “red globe at base.”
Florida MUFON Field Investigator George Hopper State Section Director William Schroeder are investigating.
Hopper and Schroeder reported in their investigation notes that the object remained stationary during the 20-minute sighting.
“The witness described the object as what appeared to look like two long, white, fluorescent bulbs configured in such a way that it gave the appearance of a triangular shape with a red light at its base,” they stated.“The interior appeared darker than the lighted object. They had 8X power binoculars.”
The investigators refer to the sketches provided by the two witnesses.
“Witness A shows that the object appeared as two orb-like objects connected together with fuzzy edges. The witness stated that the object appeared more like a rectangular object than a triangle. He also noticed that both orbs appeared brightest on the ends. He stated he noticed red and blue shades emanating from the object. He also stated that the object appeared brighter than the planet Venus (which set below the Western horizon at approximately at 10:50 p.m. No sound was heard emanating from the object. The object was roughly the size of an aspirin held at arm’s length as seen with the unaided eye.”
The investigators checked for a natural explanation.
“I reviewed the Stellarium Astronomy software and did not notice any objects appearing in the sky that would have been mistaken for the object seen. I also reviewed the MUFON database and could not find a similar sighting during the time of this sighting. I asked and received a sketch of the UFO and it is included with this report.”
Bradenton is a city in Manatee County, Florida, population 54,437. The investigations remain open. Please remember that most UFO sightings can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- How US Intelligence Community Insiders Got the Senate’s Attention Regarding UFOs
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Pentagon Can’t Keep Their Story Straight on UFOs/UAP
- Belgium’s Flying Triangle Wave
- Somewhere in the Skies: A Young Voice of Truth
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Alleged UFO Crashes in the U.S. other than Roswell: Aurora, Aztec, and Kecksburg
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019