Wisconsin witnesses at Fort Atkinson drove closer to “orange flashing lights in the sky” about 10 p.m. on June 2, 2014, and saw “a large orange ball of light behind a cloud” that lit up the horizon as it flashed, according to testimony in Case 56788 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The reporting witnesses’ son first saw the orange flashing lights in the sky just east of Fort Atkinson and asked him and his wife to step outside for a look.
“At times blue and red beams seemed to shoot through the trees,” the witness stated. “It looked as if kids were playing with laser pointers in the distance.”
Curious about what the lights were, the witness and his son drove to the Purdy Elementary School parking lot only to encounter yet another anomaly.
“The street lights in the area were flickering when we saw the light in the sky.”
To get a better view of the lights, the two decided to then drive east to Hommerson’s Pond.
“We watched for about five minutes. Orange flashing lights seemed to be behind the tree line so we drove again to get a better look. We drove about 5 – 8 miles down 106 east and pulled over to the side of the road. We now had a great view of a large orange ball of light behind a cloud.”
The witness described the scene.
“It was a clear sky but the strange lights always had a cloud around them. When it lit up, the whole horizon was orange. We saw a large white light that looked like it was getting closer to us in the sky.”
The two became frightened and decided to drive home.
“I found myself almost unable to stop looking in my rear and side mirrors. When we passed Purdy School on the way home we noticed that the street lights were back to normal.”
Fort Atkinson is a city in Jefferson County, WI, population 12,368. Wisconsin MUFON is investigating. Wisconsin has a current UFO Alert Rating of 5 with a low number of recent reports nationally. Wisconsin had 11 UFO reports in May 2014 – the 19th highest reporting state – while California had 102 reports as the highest reporting state. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 150 or more reports for the month are rated an Alert 1; states with 100 or more reports are rated an Alert 2; 25 reports or more for the month are rated an Alert 3; 13 or more reports are rated an Alert 4; and those states with less than 13 reports for the month are an Alert 5.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- How US Intelligence Community Insiders Got the Senate’s Attention Regarding UFOs
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Pentagon Can’t Keep Their Story Straight on UFOs/UAP
- Belgium’s Flying Triangle Wave
- Somewhere in the Skies: A Young Voice of Truth
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019