Denver held its mayoral election yesterday, and although Peckman made a lot of big news and won the support of a popular Denver radio host, he was only able to secure .7% of the vote. Peckman received just shy of 800 votes overall, but didn’t come in last, candidate Ken Simpson was only able to muster a few more than 500 votes, putting him at the bottom of the heap.
Peckman gained national media attention last year with his ballot initiative for the city of Denver to create an Extraterrestrial Affairs Commission. It did not pass, however ETs were not the primary focus of his mayoral platform. He also held progressive views on public safety, education, job creation, city budgets, medical marijuana, and government transparency.
Many assumed his bid for mayor was a publicity campaign for his extraterrestrial beliefs, but the media soon learned that Peckman had a genuine interest in making the city a better place. With an amenable demeanor and friendly approach, he won over many journalists and fellow candidates, as was exemplified with the local Fox News piece on Peckman’s mayoral campaigne titled, Praised by rivals, ‘UFO Guy’ fights for relevance in Denver mayor’s race.
Last minute supporters
On April 28, Peckman announced that he had received official support from Earth Day founder, John McConnell, and on May 2, he posted a press release announcing the support of U.S. Senator Dean Barkley of Minnesota. “Jeff will give the city a fresh new look and is free to solve the city’s problems with an independent approach free from typical party restraints.” Barkley wrote in the release, “If Jeff wins the primary, I would love to join his team and help him become Denver’s next mayor.” In 1988 Barkley chaired the gubernatorial race for Jesse Ventura, host of Tru TV’s Conspiracy Theory, and ex-WWF wrestler.
What’s next for Jeff?
He told me he will need to rest and think on that, but he does want to follow up with the other candidates on aspects of his platform they expressed interest in. He says he made some great contacts with key people in the community. Ever the optimist, Peckman sounded excited for the positive support he received.
He also turned me on to a Denver Post article which included a quote he is particularly proud of:
When told he had 457 votes in the first count, Peckman expressed surprise. “Really?” he said. “My problem is none of my supporters are from this planet. That’s my downfall. When I run for ambassador of the universe, I’m the man.”
To keep up to date on his future endeavors, visit Jeff Peckman’s website.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Bob Lazar Documentary Sneak Peak
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Roswell crash site debris may be confiscated by BLM, says researcher
- Jeremy Corbell – Upcoming Documentary on The Skinwalker Ranch – May 15, 2018
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript