Researchers discovered what appears to be another “super-Earth” planet–a potentially Earth-like planet that is much larger than Earth, but smaller than a gas giant like Jupiter. Although other “super-Earth” planets have been discovered recently, they are pretty rare, so the discovery of another “super-Earth” planet is pretty exciting.
This new planet, HD 40307g, is the sixth planet in a six-planet system approximately forty-four light years from Earth. As Space.com explains, this planet orbits at a distance of 55.8 million miles from its star, HD 40307. And this distance “puts it into HD 40307’s habitable zone, the region in a planetary system where liquid water can exist on a planet’s surface,” meaning this planet could potentially support life as we know it.
An international team of astronomers made the discovery using the High Accuracy Radial Velocity Planet Searcher (HARPS) at the European Southern Observatory. But as astronomer Phil Plait of Discover Magazine points out, HD 40307g is still considered a planet candidate; it has not yet been confirmed.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- VIDEO: UFO Researchers Discuss Pentagon UFO Program at Devils Tower