On October 19, we published a story about multiple off-shore lights in the sky near Myrtle Beach, South Carolina that were captured on camera by pilot Gary Travis. Since then, Travis contacted Open Minds with additional details of his sighting that were not reported by the NBC affiliate WMBF in Myrtle Beach.
Travis clarified that his video was actually shot in Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina, rather than Myrtle Beach, South Carolina as originally reported. Ocean Isle Beach is approximately twenty miles north of Myrtle Beach.
According to Travis, this incident was his fourth sighting of these orange lights at Ocean Isle this year. The three previous sightings occurred in June 2011.
Travis recently uploaded the original high-definition video of his latest sighting, and explains that it “captures a dozen total objects at random points. Note that the large orb at top is the full moon and the light on the horizon is a distant lighthouse.”
A comment left on Travis’s YouTube video suggested that the lights could be military flares. But Travis responded, “One of the lights I didn’t record was observed cruising horizontally at over 100 miles per hour. I’ve never seen a flare do that. I guess you actually had to be there, like I was.”
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- Roswell crash site debris may be confiscated by BLM, says researcher
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- How US Intelligence Community Insiders Got the Senate’s Attention Regarding UFOs
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility