The U.K. National Archives have released another batch of UFO files today. The big story hitting the press has been a letter by a scientist to the Ministry of Defence (MoD), requesting information on a UFO sighting that prompted a discussion between Churchill and Eisenhower that resulted in Churchill declaring the matter to be kept secret for 50 years.
The letter stated, “Mr. Churchill is reported to have made a declaration to the effect of the following: ‘This event should be immediately classified since it would create mass panic among the general population and destroy one’s belief in the Church’.”
The unnamed scientist claims he came across this information via his mother, who had originally heard the story from her father, the scientist’s grandfather. The grandfather had been the personal bodyguard of Churchill during World War II. He had overheard the discussions on the matter. The UFO sighting in question had to do with a reconnaissance mission in which an RAF airplane had been paced by a silvery metallic object for a period of time until the object shot off into the distance. Photographs of the object were taken.
The scientist makes it clear that he doesn’t believe in UFOs and thinks the idea to be unfounded; however he is interested for a purely scientific reason. He wants the technology to be released, and even offered his help in analyzing whatever technology was observed that day.
The MoD politely responded that UFO records from before 1967 were destroyed because they held no public interest. They also added that Churchill’s only interest in UFOs was addressed in a report that debunked the phenomena.
However, this is not the only interesting report to be found in the files. There are stories about radar reports on UFOs, and other UFO sightings. Check back soon, OpenMinds.tv will be covering some of these other interesting UK UFO investigations.
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- How US Intelligence Community Insiders Got the Senate’s Attention Regarding UFOs
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Pentagon Can’t Keep Their Story Straight on UFOs/UAP
- Belgium’s Flying Triangle Wave
- Somewhere in the Skies: A Young Voice of Truth
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Alleged UFO Crashes in the U.S. other than Roswell: Aurora, Aztec, and Kecksburg
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019