Hollywood seems to have an insatiable appetite for alien-themed movies. This past week alone saw the announcement of several upcoming movies with story lines involving extraterrestrials and UFOs. Here is a brief rundown of only a portion of the upcoming Hollywood UFO movies:Battle: Los Angeles
Sony announced Battle: Los Angeles at Comic-Con in San Diego last week. The plot involves an alien attack on Los Angeles, and a platoon must fight to save the city. According to the makers of the film, this movie is based on true events from the 1942 Battle of Los Angeles, where an unidentified object appeared over the city, initiating air raid sirens and a barrage of anti-aircraft gun fire.
This movie is scheduled to be released next year.
With a plot similar to Battle: Los Angeles, Skyline involves strange lights descending on the city of Los Angeles, and an extraterrestrial force threatening to wipe out humanity.
This movie will be released later this year.
Cowboys & Aliens
Based on the graphic novel by Scott Mitchell Rosenberg, Cowboys & Aliens is a movie set in the wild west of the 1800s. Feuding cowboys and Indians are forced to set aside their own conflict to focus on defeating aliens who want to enslave humanity. The film stars Harrison Ford, and will be released next year.
I Am Number Four
Dreamworks, the same company behind Cowboys & Aliens, is releasing I Am Number Four in early 2011. This thriller involves nine aliens fleeing to Earth after their home planet is destroyed by an enemy species. These aliens look just like humans, and attempt to blend in on Earth to avoid their enemy who followed them from their home world.
Confidential Alien Project
While this is only the movie’s working title, Confidential Alien Project is Paramount’s current alien project, also being produced by Michael Bay. Little is known about the film at this point, but is apparently deals with alien abduction.
It is unfortunate to see Hollywood taking such a negative position towards extraterrestrials, portraying them as hostile enemies out to destroy Earth. But audiences largely seem to enjoy invasion flicks, and Hollywood’s objective is to entertain. Hopefully (but unlikely), audiences who watch these UFO movies will become intrigued enough to explore the extraterrestrial/UFO phenomenon for themselves, and make informed decisions on what to believe, based on the wealth of historical and current evidence.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Pentagon Can’t Keep Their Story Straight on UFOs/UAP
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019