From the archive of Col. Wendelle Stevens, US Air Force, retired. This report is reproduced as close to the original as possible.
10 June 1967, East Woonsocket, Rhode Island 12:00
On 10 June 1967, at about 12:00, noon, Mr. Harold A. Trudel, 29 years old, married and father of 3, was driving his car on West Wrentham Road, in the general vicinity of East Woonsocket, when he pulled over and parked near some hi-tension lines, waiting and watching for what he didn’t know. He had seen UFOs in this area on three previous occasions. He had a loaded camera in the car and he checked it over as he waited. In a matter of minutes a hi-domed disc-shaped metallic flying object approached the power lines from the West.
As the UFO hovered over the lines, Trudel, feeling some considerable degree of insecurity, crouched behind some nearby foliage and began snapping pictures. The object maneuvered about in the area, flitting from point to point like a bee, and Trudel changed his position several times, at times moving in closer to the power lines, but still trying to stay hidden. He did not want any possible occupants of the craft, if occupied, to become aware of his presence.
The UFO remained in sight and he continued to take photographs for about 5 minutes before it flashed off toward the North. Trudel had captured 7 photographs of the strange aerial visitor. The photographer had noted an “antenna” protruding from the central lower portion of the object, but upon later questioning, he said that he did not at any time, see the “antenna” come into contact with the power lines.
When the film was developed, it could clearly be seen that Trudel had obtained some extraordinary evidence indeed. It was generally felt, by those who examined the film at the time, that the photographs were authentic, and that the object itself resembled, to a great degree, the UFO that had been seen to “tap” power lines in Exeter, New Hampshire in the Fall of 1965.
Six days later, on the 16th, Trudel saw and photographed the same or a similar object, except there was no “antenna” in evidence this time. On 11 July, at 17:10, in the same area, Trudel again saw and photographed the same object again hovering over the power lines. Twenty minutes later 19,000 consumers in the area suffered a complete POWER FAILURE!
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- How US Intelligence Community Insiders Got the Senate’s Attention Regarding UFOs
- Pentagon Can’t Keep Their Story Straight on UFOs/UAP
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Belgium’s Flying Triangle Wave
- Somewhere in the Skies: A Young Voice of Truth
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Alleged UFO Crashes in the U.S. other than Roswell: Aurora, Aztec, and Kecksburg
- The Strange Time-Warp Case of Corporal Armando Valdés
- The Carter Administration’s Attempt to Create a NASA UFO Commission