Some close viewers of Fox 2’s nightly newscast in St. Louis, Missouri noticed an unknown object quickly shoot through the sky on Monday, September 1.
During the broadcast, footage from the Fox 2 roof camera shows an active lightning storm resulting from the area’s severe weather. The station describes that “during that shot something flashes across the screen. The flying object is illuminated by flashes of lightning. In the blink of an eye it is gone.”
Viewer David Whitener posted a video clip to Facebook from the newscast showing the unknown object shooting through the sky. He posed the question, “What was that shooting across the screen did anyone else see that?” Some offered suggestions like meteors and alien spacecraft. One commenter chimed in, stating, “It is said that during thunder storms UFO sightings increase.”
FOX 2 producer Kevin Pope and reporter Andy Banker examined the footage in question. After reducing the playback speed of the video, they conclude that the UFO is a bird illuminated by the lightning.
What do you think? Does the “bird” suggestion explain the mysterious object seen in the video? Share your thoughts by posting a comment below or by posting on the Open Minds Facebook page.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Bob Lazar Documentary Sneak Peak
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Roswell crash site debris may be confiscated by BLM, says researcher
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- How US Intelligence Community Insiders Got the Senate’s Attention Regarding UFOs