An Alabama witness driving along I-459 at the Morgan Road exit near Hoover reported watching a black triangle UFO hovering over a bridge, according to testimony in Case 61566 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was driving toward Hoover at 5:55 p.m. on November 19, 2014, and had just passed the Morgan Road exit when the objet was first seen.
“I see what looks like a small, two-seat airplane,” the witness stated. “I say that because it was low – tree tops – and was moving across the sky going to my right. It was not going too fast. The Bessemer airport is about 5-10 miles from where I was.”
But then the object made an unusual maneuver.
“All of a sudden this object turns upside down and goes back to the left. It stops and hovers. I was thinking – that sure don’t act or seem like a small airplane?”
The witness continued to move closer to the object.
“As I get close I see it’s a black triangle craft hovering right over a bridge along I-459. I could not believe it. Someone else had to see it. The interstate was busy – but so far no reports on the news.”
The witness drove under the object.
“As I drove up I-459 and went under the overpass/bridge, I was right under this thing. Like I said, it was a dark triangle craft hovering. It had 3-4 lights on each side. They were white, bright like a big flood light. They were blinking on and off. One side the lights would blink 1,2,3,4. Then go dark. Then the other side would blink 1,2,3,4.”
The witness could not stop.
“I tried to slow down and get a picture but traffic would not allow it. I saw this thing for about 30 seconds to one minute. Once I was under it – it was very, very low – tree top height.”
The witness reported that a relative saw something odd close to the time of his own sighting.
“What is also strange is about 10 minutes before I saw this craft my aunt said something flew over her house and made a strange noise. She lives west of where I was – maybe about 5-10 minutes away. She said something was in the air coming over her house and made a strange noise. She did not see it, but heard something. Odd for sure.”
Hoover is a city in Jefferson and Shelby Counties in north central Alabama, population 84,126.
Alabama has a current UFO Alert Rating of 5 with a low number of recent reports nationally. Alabama had 2 UFO reports that occurred during October 2014 – calculated at 0.41 sightings per million population.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 4.01 or higher reports per million residents are rated an Alert 1; 3.01 – 4.0 reports are an Alert 2; 2.51 – 3.0 are an Alert 3; 2.01 – 2.5 are an Alert 4; and those states with 2.0 or lower are rated an Alert 5.
Please remember that most UFO sighting can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- Roswell crash site debris may be confiscated by BLM, says researcher
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- How US Intelligence Community Insiders Got the Senate’s Attention Regarding UFOs
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility