Russian radio station The Voice of Russia reports that plans are underway to utilize UFO tourism to draw visitors to the Leningrad region of the country. A new tourist route will take visitors through the Vespian forests, and will visit the site of a 1961 UFO incident where a massive, cylindrical object fell into Korb Lake.
This UFO incident reportedly occurred the night of April 27, 1961. Divers explored the lake and, although they did not find the cylindrical object that fell from the sky, they did discover evidence indicating that an object impacted with the lake’s floor, and then advanced approximately sixty-five feet after impact. Researchers indicated that the UFO broke through ice when it entered the lake, suggesting the lake was frozen over at the time of the incident. Mikhail Gerstein, chairman of the ufologists’ commission of the Russian Geographic Society, told The Voice of Russia, “The ice pieces which were knocked out by that body were floating in an ice-hole and had an intensively green color. The researchers took ice samples but failed to find the causes of such a strange coloring.” Gerstein says samples from the lake’s floor were also collected and tested, but nothing unusual was detected.
But Gerstein explains that the strangest discovery during the investigation of this case was “mysterious balls which were so light that they could float on water surface. They had very complicated chemical structure. After their analysis an assumption was made that they were formed during a high temperature process, a kind of welding.” Researchers have also noted unusually extensive plant growth on the lake’s floor where the object crashed.
Despite the conducted investigations and the collected evidence, the identity of what crashed into Korb Lake in 1961 remains an enigma. The mystery surrounding this case is what officials are hoping will appeal to tourists, drawing visitors to the region.
We will post detailed information about the investigation into this UFO case soon, including an original investigation report.
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- How US Intelligence Community Insiders Got the Senate’s Attention Regarding UFOs
- Pentagon Can’t Keep Their Story Straight on UFOs/UAP
- Belgium’s Flying Triangle Wave
- Somewhere in the Skies: A Young Voice of Truth
- Alleged UFO Crashes in the U.S. other than Roswell: Aurora, Aztec, and Kecksburg
- Brandon Fugal: The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch Season 2 Interview
- The Strange Time-Warp Case of Corporal Armando Valdés
- The Carter Administration’s Attempt to Create a NASA UFO Commission
- Three Alleged International UFO Crashes