This week’s episode of History’s Project Blue Book included reference to Hynek’s infamous swamp gas theory and an interesting case of an alleged alien encounter by a scout master that was investigated by Project Blue Book Chief Edward Ruppelt.
In 1966, UFOs were reported in Michigan. It created quite a stir. When the U.S. Air Force was consulted, Dr. Hynek suggested they could be due to swamp gas. The public did not like this explanation. Neither did Michigan Senator – and future president – Gerald Ford. In fact, he suggested congressional hearings on the matter.
Another real-life incident referenced in this incident was a report by a scoutmaster of an alien encounter. In West Palm Beach Florida, in 1952, a the scoutmaster and some of his scouts claimed to see a UFO while driving in a car. The scoutmaster got out to investigate and ended up having a harrowing experience. Project Blue Book Chief Edward Ruppelt investigated this case personally.
Read more about these case and how they fit into the show on my full review on Den of Geek here: Project Blue Book Episode 7 Review: The Scoutmaster.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- How US Intelligence Community Insiders Got the Senate’s Attention Regarding UFOs
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Pentagon Can’t Keep Their Story Straight on UFOs/UAP