Aykroyd’s work in TV and film is legendary, and he is a major UFO buff. The extent of his interested was demonstrated in the 2012 documentary Dan Aykroyd Unplugged on UFOs. It is 2 hours of Aykroyd talking about UFOs, which may sound boring to some, but I loved it. His level of knowledge on the history of the phenomena is remarkable. He shows he is at par with some of the top researchers in the field.
A video released recently the MUFON (seen above) shows he is still keeping up with the topic. In the video, he is endorsing MUFON’s Kickstater campaign. The goal of the campaign is to raise $78,000 to remake their website and UFO database. The plan is to make the website and reporting interface more user friendly for researchers and people in the general public who wish to report their personal UFO sighting.
In the video, Aykroyd talks about his longtime interest in the topic of UFOs, and mentions the television series Psi Factor he produced with his brother. He explains that it “touched on inter-dimensional issues.”
Aykroyd then goes on to ask people to help MUFON and its leader, Jan Harzan. He explains that “Jan having a spectacular experience as a 10 year old boy.” See more on this in the video below.
Aykroyd goes on to say, “Anything we can do to help him understand where these aerodynamically sophisticated vessels are coming from and who they are piloted by is really something that will contribute to the betterment of mankind.”
Aykroyd’s commitment to MUFON is sincere. He has been involved with MUFON for many years, and has met with their leadership several times to offer his help.
In the endorsement video, Aykroyd mentions a couple of UFO cases he is interested in, including his continued effort to help pursue evidence for the 2006 Chicago O’Hare International Airport UFO incident, in which United airlines ground crew, among others, saw a disc shape object punch a hole through the clouds as it took of vertically after hovering over a terminal for several minutes.
Aykroyd even mentions Sam Maranto, the MUFON state director of Illinois, who is leading the ongoing investigation of the O’Hare incident.
Aykroyd says, “[UFOs] is a subject that will affect us all as we go into the future.”
At the end of the video he adds that he is recording the endorsement in Topanga Park, where he says there were several UFO incidents in the 70s. He say they were “beautiful sightings. Very peaceful and benevolent.”
MUFON’s Kickstarter campaign ends in a few days. They still have a long way to go to meet their goal. However, they have had well over 200 donors as of the writing of this article.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- How US Intelligence Community Insiders Got the Senate’s Attention Regarding UFOs
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Pentagon Can’t Keep Their Story Straight on UFOs/UAP
- Belgium’s Flying Triangle Wave