Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, who has held the position since 1995, beat Anatoly Karpov in the presidential election by a vote of 95 to 55. Ilyumzhinov was Russia’s official candidate, publicly backed by the Kremlin, while Karpov was strongly opposed by Russia, likely due to his criticism of Russian politics.
After an ugly campaign of mud-slinging and name-calling, Ilyumzhinov extended an invitation to Karpov, offering him the vice presidency. However, after accusing Ilyumzhinov of incompetence and corruption during the campaign, Karpov might find serving as Ilyumzhinov’s vice president slightly uncomfortable.
Earlier this year, Ilyumzhinov publicly claimed to have met with extraterrestrials in Moscow, where he communicated with them and was shown around their spaceship.
Having stepped down from his role as president of the Russian republic of Kalmykia, Ilyumzhinov should now have more time to devote to the FIDE.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- How US Intelligence Community Insiders Got the Senate’s Attention Regarding UFOs
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Pentagon Can’t Keep Their Story Straight on UFOs/UAP