Filming for Abductee , a found-footage thriller about alien abduction, will soon be underway, but the movie’s producer says it “is more than just a film; it is a social movement.”
In their press release, the movie’s production company, Collective Minds Media, writes that they are not only beginning production on an alien abduction movie, but also developing an abductee support community.
The movie is described as, “a found-footage style film that explores the bizarre and misunderstood world of alien abduction. Through a first-person account, we come to know the fear and mental anguish that befalls a suburban man as he attempts to unravel the mystery of what happens to him when he is alone in the middle of the night.”
William Hopp, the movie’s writer and director says, “It is a psychological thriller that focuses on the emotional trauma that alien abductees go through on a day to day basis.”
Hopp says he did a lot of research when writing his script. Although it is a horror movie, he hopes the movie will have a therapeutic effect to people who believe they are experiencing alien abduction. He wants to help give alien abductees a voice.
The press release states, “It is the filmmakers’ goal that Abductee will illuminate the stigmatized world of alien abductees and provide them with a common bond to enable group support and healing.”
Hopp says most of the funding has come from crowd sourcing and that he has purposely sought non-traditional routes of funding in order to help keep the movie accurate. According to the press release, “Privately funding the film has allowed the filmmakers to produce a movie that enlists the support of abductees and alien experts from the ground up. Keeping investors out of the mix will keep the film free of the control exerted by Hollywood executives and movie studios, which can destroy a film’s purpose and impact.”
Paranormal expert James Smith feels the movie is treating the subject respectfully. He says, “I really agree the movie respects the community because it’s not making those effected out to be complete and total fringe weirdoes.”
Hopp appeared on Open Minds UFO Radio while seeking funds for production, but has come a long way since then. He has enlisted the help of Emmy award winning producer and director Trisha Krik. She won her Emmy in 2009 for her work on the popular A&E reality program Intervention.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- Dr. Michael Masters – UFOs Could Be Us From the Future – October 29, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Nick Redfern – UFOs, Government Insiders, and Satanic Influences – November 6, 2018
- Chris Cogswell – Science of Proving Object Made by Extraterrestrials – October 30, 2018