The description of multiple orange objects in the sky with a flickering appearance certainly resembles the appearance of Chinese lanterns. It is probable that what these witnesses saw in New Zealand were Chinese lanterns, but it is also possible that the UFOs were something else entirely.
The report of this sighting comes just one day after the New Zealand government released 2,000 pages of documents relating to UFOs.
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Triangle UFO close encounter reported over Ohio
- Disc UFO caught on camera moving out of bay
- UFO reported hovering over Florida residential neighborhood
- OpenMinds.tv in WikiLeaks as reference for Bill Clinton’s UFO interests and remarks
- Witness spots UFO while waiting for rocket launch
- Cheryl Costa – UFOs by the Numbers – April 10, 2017
- ‘Starfish’ disc UFO photographed over Tucson