A man from the town of Keswick in Cumbria County in the UK recently notified a local newspaper about a strange object he spotted in the sky in late September in hopes to find other witnesses. He says the object appeared to be a sphere with lights around the perimeter that were pulsating and changing color.
Richard Smith says he spotted the UFO around 5:30 am on September 29. At first it appeared to be a white light. He told the News & Star he thought it might be a satellite, helicopter, or airplane. However, the longer he watched it, the more strange he thought it was.
He quickly trained his telescope on the object, and what he saw confirmed to him that the object was something unusual. He used his iPhone to record the object through the telescope for a little less than a minute.
The video does not appear to show a simple point of light, but what appears to be a sphere surrounded by flashing multi-colored lights.
The News & Star interviewed local UFO expert Pat Regan who said that if the video is a fake, it is well done. He continued:
It is rather difficult to say more at this stage because we cannot ascertain the actual size of the entity, for there is no other object in the video to base its dimensions upon such as a tree, a building or the moon, etc.
One person who has commented on the video is certain it is a star out of focus. When asked what type of telescope was used to film the object, Smith answered that it was a Jessops TA800x80. A reflecting telescope will have a black circle in the middle of the image if it is out of focus. This commenter may be suggesting that a dim star out of focus may be what Smith captured.
- Utah witness takes multiple photos of disc UFO
- Triangle UFO videotaped low over Virginia
- Colorado UFO witness photographs ‘metallic objects’ moving overhead
- UFO captured on video by drone over North Carolina
- Hillary campaign manager held UFO meeting with USAF generals, rock star and top secret aircraft developer
- Nevada camper captures UFO in video
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- Disc UFO caught on Missouri camera
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents